Surprise!
This evening we had a surprise birthday party for my mom's 70th (her birthday was a couple of weeks ago). My older brother and his family came in from Houston for the weekend under false pretenses. They told my mom that they were going to take her and my dad out to dinner this evening. My Aunt Joyce drove down from Arlington and stayed with my cousin Cathy. We rendezvoused a couple of blocks from my parents' house at the appointed time so that we'd show up together and surprise my mom. It worked!
Aunt Joyce brought a big pan of lasagna (I brought a mini vegetarian lasagna for myself) and I brought a gorgeous fresh fruit salad and more bread than you could shake a stick at. Paul and Kristen brought the birthday cake and beverages. The whole thing was a great success and a fun evening.
Here's a photo of cousin Cathy and me after dinner:
Aunt Joyce brought a big pan of lasagna (I brought a mini vegetarian lasagna for myself) and I brought a gorgeous fresh fruit salad and more bread than you could shake a stick at. Paul and Kristen brought the birthday cake and beverages. The whole thing was a great success and a fun evening.
Here's a photo of cousin Cathy and me after dinner:


0 Comments:
Post a Comment
<< Home