Well, hello.
Ahem. So apparently I haven't been blogging much this year. I sort of got busy for awhile and didn't have much time to blog, and then when I had time again, I couldn't think of anything to blog about. So for the past few months, this really has been a blog about nothing.
What have I been doing since February, you ask? Well, remember when I re-floored my bedroom last spring? And then I was going to re-floor the rest of the house bit by bit? Yeah, well I never did that. Until March, when I finally got back to work and spent a couple of weekends re-flooring my upstairs hallway and the landing between the stairs. The computer room is next on the list and I had really hoped to do it in April, but the problem is that I need a solid two-day period when I don't have any social plans, medical appointments, vet appointments, etc., and can just work on the floor uninterrupted, because it's hard, dirty work, and I have not had such a weekend again thus far. But I am really, really hoping to do the computer room soon. I just need ONE WEEKEND without any other obligations. JUST ONE. That shouldn't be too much to ask.
Then the month of May happened. Both of my grandmothers died (one on May 3rd and the other on May 23rd) and my dad had triple bypass surgery on May 28th (and was released from the hospital on June 1st and then back in the emergency room on June 4th with a kidney stone -- so, yeah, not a good week for him AT ALL). I would like to forget the month of May ever happened.
But I would like to start blogging more again. On that note, I am thinking of doing away with this blog and starting fresh with a new one. I think I've sort of outgrown this one (particularly the URL, which was also the blog's original title, which is way too melodramatic and self-pitying for me these days, because I've changed a lot since I started this blog). I'm still thinking about what direction to take with the new blog, so I'll keep this one around until I've decided. Either way, I hope to be making more frequent posts again soon.
What have I been doing since February, you ask? Well, remember when I re-floored my bedroom last spring? And then I was going to re-floor the rest of the house bit by bit? Yeah, well I never did that. Until March, when I finally got back to work and spent a couple of weekends re-flooring my upstairs hallway and the landing between the stairs. The computer room is next on the list and I had really hoped to do it in April, but the problem is that I need a solid two-day period when I don't have any social plans, medical appointments, vet appointments, etc., and can just work on the floor uninterrupted, because it's hard, dirty work, and I have not had such a weekend again thus far. But I am really, really hoping to do the computer room soon. I just need ONE WEEKEND without any other obligations. JUST ONE. That shouldn't be too much to ask.
Then the month of May happened. Both of my grandmothers died (one on May 3rd and the other on May 23rd) and my dad had triple bypass surgery on May 28th (and was released from the hospital on June 1st and then back in the emergency room on June 4th with a kidney stone -- so, yeah, not a good week for him AT ALL). I would like to forget the month of May ever happened.
But I would like to start blogging more again. On that note, I am thinking of doing away with this blog and starting fresh with a new one. I think I've sort of outgrown this one (particularly the URL, which was also the blog's original title, which is way too melodramatic and self-pitying for me these days, because I've changed a lot since I started this blog). I'm still thinking about what direction to take with the new blog, so I'll keep this one around until I've decided. Either way, I hope to be making more frequent posts again soon.


2 Comments:
And there I was worrying that something had happened to you, good to see you back.
Oh yes I was routing for the US at football today you were robbed.
That's weird. I had left a reply to your comment and now it's gone.
Post a Comment
<< Home