Wednesday, December 23, 2009

Ugh.

The good news is that the Kenalog injection seems to have significantly improved my paintastic flare-up. I'm still in some pain, but it's much, much better. The bad news is that it's made me feel super duper sick to my stomach.

Contrary to the expected side effect of increased appetite and weight gain, I have been incredibly nauseated and can't even stand to smell food without feeling the need to run to the bathroom and throw up. I'm not sure this is much of an improvement overall, but at least I can move. And, um, maybe I won't have to worry about holiday weight gain? I'm trying to look on the positive side, so I'll go with that.

3 Comments:

Blogger pounce_uk said...

Poor Cat, so sorry to hear about your affliction. (But then I suppose not gaining weight over the festive period is every womans dream) Heres' to you getting better soon, and I shall ensure that the next few bottles of red I consume are toasted in your direction.
Hi to the kitties...

7:17 PM, December 29, 2009  
Blogger Saija said...

awww, i'm sorry to hear that you are having side affects ... :o(

here's hoping that 2010 will be a year filled with less pain and more freedom of movement!!!

8:13 PM, December 31, 2009  
Blogger Catherine said...

Thanks, guys! The nausea has gotten much better, although I still don't have much of an appetite. It's funny how medications usually give me the opposite of the expected side effects. I just have to be different. :) And it is still keeping the pain and flare-ups mostly at bay, so that's a good thing.

Happy New Year to you both!

12:53 PM, January 01, 2010  

Post a Comment

<< Home