Craving
Y'all, I don't know how long it has been since I last ate a cheeseburger, but every once in awhile I still get a wicked craving for one. This week, for some reason, I was craving a McDonald's Quarter Pounder with Cheese. I could almost taste it, I wanted one so badly. I actually considered abandoning my principles and going to McDonald's.
Fortunately, I found a better solution. I don't often eat veggie burgers, as I've rarely found one that tastes good. However, at the grocery store on Friday, I decided to give it one more try. I found these Morningstar Farms Grillers Prime veggie burgers and bought a box, along with hamburger buns and all the fixins. As soon as I got home, I put together my own version of a Quarter Pounder with Cheese.
I baked the veggie burger in the oven as directed and then put it on a bun with a couple slices of cheese (and then popped it in the microwave for fifteen seconds to melt the cheese) and added ketchup, mustard, and a bit of dill relish.
It was delicious! It actually tasted pretty much like a real cheeseburger! It wouldn't have passed for a gourmet burger or even a homemade on the grill burger, but it was definitely every bit as tasty as a fast food cheeseburger. I liked it so much I had another one yesterday and will probably have one again today. Yum!!
Fortunately, I found a better solution. I don't often eat veggie burgers, as I've rarely found one that tastes good. However, at the grocery store on Friday, I decided to give it one more try. I found these Morningstar Farms Grillers Prime veggie burgers and bought a box, along with hamburger buns and all the fixins. As soon as I got home, I put together my own version of a Quarter Pounder with Cheese.
I baked the veggie burger in the oven as directed and then put it on a bun with a couple slices of cheese (and then popped it in the microwave for fifteen seconds to melt the cheese) and added ketchup, mustard, and a bit of dill relish.
It was delicious! It actually tasted pretty much like a real cheeseburger! It wouldn't have passed for a gourmet burger or even a homemade on the grill burger, but it was definitely every bit as tasty as a fast food cheeseburger. I liked it so much I had another one yesterday and will probably have one again today. Yum!!


2 Comments:
Sounds delicious. I was introduced to veggie food when the Chef in the Mess when I was based in Dusseldorf started including a veggie option. I found the food very tasty, but I have to admit I do enjoy my meat. Not that I eat a lot, hell next doors cat gets more meat out of my fridge than I do. But I do splash out now and again. I refuse to purchase burgers from supermarkets ,but lucky for me there is a small farmers market in town every Wednesday (small as in 3 stalls) but they make the most delightful burgers. The only problem is my kitchen smells of fat after I have cooked one. So this evening I was looking at purchasing one of those lean grills. I don’t wish for anything too plastic and ended up looking at the Cuisinart Grill and Griddle.
Hi to the cats, next doors has just left and as off 2 minutes ago was at the back window demanding to be left in.
I am a horrible vegetarian because there aren't a lot of vegetarian foods that I actually like. My diet is very limited. Of course, I'm just an extremely picky eater in general, vegetarian or not. And also too lazy to make proper meals for myself most of the time.
Achilles sure enjoyed having a bite of my veggie cheeseburgers every time I had one over the weekend. I'm pretty sure he thought he was getting the real thing. :)
Give that next-door kitty a scratch on the chin for me!
Post a Comment
<< Home