Saturday, January 02, 2010

Achilles vs. Santa Claus

There is a house down the street that has a bunch of those inflatable Christmas decorations in the front yard. There is some kind of compressor or something inside that inflates them and lights them up, but when it is turned off, they deflate into a puddle on the lawn. Ordinarily, these people don't leave their decorations inflated overnight, but one night earlier this week, they left Santa up all night long.

When Achilles and I went for our morning walk, Santa was standing in all his glory in this yard. As we approached, Achilles stopped dead in his tracks and stared at Santa for a moment. Then he let out one loud, aggressive bark. Then he pranced back and forth in front of Santa, sort of like boxers do before they start punching each other. Finally, we walked a little ways past Santa, and Achilles kept pausing to look over his shoulder at him. After a moment, he suddenly turned and started running for home.

It was one of the funniest things I have ever seen. Now I know never to take him to PetCo for pictures with Santa.

3 Comments:

Blogger pounce_uk said...

What do you think Cat?
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=hvXeUqlfxhY&feature=channel

Just bought the album for myself and a friend of mine.

5:43 PM, January 17, 2010  
Blogger Catherine said...

Very nice! I'd heard of her but hadn't heard any of her music before. I will have to check out the album.

Lately I've been listening to John Mayer's new album, Battle Studies, nonstop. Here's an awesome, stripped-down version of one of the songs on it that he recorded in his apartment one night and posted on his blog for his fans: http://tinyurl.com/yl6glcf

I actually like that version better than the one on the album. I'm always a fan of acoustic, stripped-down songs.

10:58 PM, January 17, 2010  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

It's May, where are you???

7:36 PM, May 10, 2010  

Post a Comment

<< Home