Monday, August 02, 2010

Things I am enjoying lately:

Mini Moleskine notebooks. I like to keep a notebook with me at all times so I can jot down notes and information when I need to, and these little pocket-sized ones are perfect.

Maine Root Sarsparilla Soda. It's like a cross between cream soda and root beer, and it is delicious.

Bach Rescue Sleep Spray. This stuff works wonders for me.

Riding my bike every morning. It's been just over three weeks now and I'm still riding between 20 and 30 minutes almost every morning, skipping it only if I have an early appointment.

The produce section at Central Market. And, well, pretty much every other section at Central Market, as well.

Twitter!

Things I am not enjoying so much lately:

The belligerent Texas summer heat.

Mosquitoes.

5 Comments:

Blogger pounce_uk said...

Personally I don't see what people rave about with moleskin books, which is probably why I gave the one somebody bought me for Christmas away.

Soda..I'm sold

Sleep spray, I don't what it is about women but nearly everyone I've met has problems sleeping. What really makes things worse is I can fall asleep at the drop of a hat and that ability really grinds on women who can't sleep. Hence I've been punched,bit,poked and pushed out of bed because my partner frustrated at being unable to sleep has decided to take her anger out on me. (The more subtle way is to ask for a glass of water)

Bike riding still doing that, yesterday I spent around 10 minutes trying to coax mummy and daddy swan off of the canal path. (gosh they are bloody big) typical British weather decided to throw it down about 15 minutes from home. Still had a sore arse on my return.

Unfortunately as I live in a smallish town, we don't have that many decent stores. (And the local Marks and Sparks is closing down) So if I want anything I have to travel to one of the local cities which in effect makes it a day out.

7:38 PM, August 08, 2010  
Blogger Catherine said...

I'm not a big fan of the larger Moleskine notebooks. They're okay, but not my favorite. I really like these mini ones for just sticking in my purse. Any time someone recommends a book, CD, food, restaurant, etc., I just jot it down. I also keep my grocery list in it so I can add things as I think of them.

I used to be the world's soundest sleeper. Nothing would wake me up, and I'd routinely sleep right through the alarm clock. In the past several years I've become just the opposite. Now I'm a feather-light sleeper. Any tiny little noise will wake me up, and I routinely wake up long before the alarm clock goes off. I often have a lot of trouble getting to sleep in the first place, too.

I want to see pics of the swans!

10:10 PM, August 11, 2010  
Blogger pounce_uk said...

I don't have any recent photos, but will take some tomorrow. But here are a couple I took in March;
http://img835.imageshack.us/img835/2190/dsc02404j.jpg

http://img822.imageshack.us/img822/8720/dsc02402h.jpg

The cygnets are now a lot bigger

7:25 PM, August 19, 2010  
Blogger pounce_uk said...

As stated ,a picture taken on friday afternoon (In the pouring rain I should add) of the swans;
http://img818.imageshack.us/img818/8364/dsc00771vg.jpg

7:20 AM, August 22, 2010  
Blogger Catherine said...

Gorgeous photos, Pounce! You've got much better scenery than I do.

2:42 PM, August 24, 2010  

Post a Comment

<< Home