Saturday, December 31, 2005

I ordered my bike!

Woohoo!

It is due to be ready for pick-up by January 4th, and after that, I shall become a lean, mean, cycling machine!

Not knowing a whole lot about exercise bikes, I went with a more traditional upright style rather than with one of those recumbent types. It even has a little fan on it to keep me cool whilst I pedal! I'm very excited. It's been too long since I've been able to get any regular exercise. I wonder what Achilles will think of this thing, though. I suspect that, at least at first, it will send him into a jumping, barking frenzy every time I use it. As long as he doesn't somehow manage to turn it into a giant puppy chew-toy, I think we'll be all right, though.

3 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

All that sweat and you aren't even going anywhere. Why didn't you get a real bike. Austin is a bike friendly town, isn't it?

5:35 PM, January 02, 2006  
Blogger Catherine said...

LOL, I am not a fan of the great outdoors. Besides, a stationary bike, I can ride in any weather. Do you know how fucking hot it gets here during the summer?

5:38 PM, January 02, 2006  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

I lived in San Marcos for 3 of the best years of my life, so I know what you are talking about.

But you know what "they" say... "It's not the heat, it's the hills that will kill you".

8)

9:05 AM, January 03, 2006  

Post a Comment

<< Home