Spiritual moment
Every once in awhile, my brother Steve likes to remind me that he's still around, keeping an eye on me and on the rest of the family.
Wednesday evening at my parents' house, during our family Christmas gathering, I was watching baby Bridget for awhile so that my brother and his wife could have a bit of a break. Bridget crawls very fast and likes to get into anything and everything, so she must be watched at all times. Anyway, at one point, after I'd followed her down the hallway, I picked her up to take her back to the living room, and on the way, I stopped to show her the various family photos hanging at the beginning of the hallway. I pointed out a photo of her, one of her brother, photos of her cousins, etc., but she didn't seem to be paying much attention, which was not a surprise. She's just a baby, after all.
The last photo we passed was one of Steve. I stopped in front of it and said, "...and that's your Uncle Steve." Lo and behold, Bridget reached her tiny little arm as far as she could towards that photo, with something between a big grin and a look of awe on her face. She seemed entranced by it.
It was really cool.
Wednesday evening at my parents' house, during our family Christmas gathering, I was watching baby Bridget for awhile so that my brother and his wife could have a bit of a break. Bridget crawls very fast and likes to get into anything and everything, so she must be watched at all times. Anyway, at one point, after I'd followed her down the hallway, I picked her up to take her back to the living room, and on the way, I stopped to show her the various family photos hanging at the beginning of the hallway. I pointed out a photo of her, one of her brother, photos of her cousins, etc., but she didn't seem to be paying much attention, which was not a surprise. She's just a baby, after all.
The last photo we passed was one of Steve. I stopped in front of it and said, "...and that's your Uncle Steve." Lo and behold, Bridget reached her tiny little arm as far as she could towards that photo, with something between a big grin and a look of awe on her face. She seemed entranced by it.
It was really cool.


0 Comments:
Post a Comment
<< Home