Tuesday, January 16, 2007

Ice Day Update

As I suspected, the office is closed for the remainder of the day. I'm guessing I won't be going back to work til tomorrow afternoon or Thursday morning.

We actually got some SNOW just before noon today! Big, huge flakes falling from the sky! I've never seen such enormous snowflakes in my life, and I did spend four years in Canada as a child. Some of these snowflakes were as big as quarters. It was really cool (no pun intended). I stepped outside to snap some photos while the delicious casserole I made for lunch was in the oven.

My little Honda in the driveway:



The view down the street:



Icicles!



Not very impressive for those of you from the North, but this is something you don't see every day, or every year for that matter, in Texas. I've lived here since I was ten years old, and this is maybe the fourth or fifth time I've seen actual snow in all those years.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home