Sunday, January 14, 2007

Missing Steve



I've been missing my brother a lot lately. A LOT. Of course, not a day has gone by since he died that I haven't thought about him and missed him, but it's just been much more intense lately and I've been very weepy every time I think of him. I've decided that the people who say these things become less painful over time are full of shit. It seems like the longer he's been gone, the harder it gets. I just miss him so much.

4 Comments:

Blogger Saija said...

aww, i'm so sorry ...

when you feel weepy - well you just weep ...

i know that i miss my dad terribly sometimes ... though the edge was taken off my initial raw pain, but it was replaced with a sorrow that can overflow somedays ...

may the Lord comfort you, like no one else is able to ...

(hugs)

8:35 AM, January 14, 2007  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

*hug*

I'm really sorry...

i don't think grieving goes in some kind of temporally linear sequence... no one expects you to just "get over it" (and anyone who does is a moron). i concur with saija... you just need to let it out. that will help. i'll be thinking about you.

8:08 PM, January 14, 2007  
Blogger Catherine said...

Thanks, you guys! It's funny -- I think about Steve all the time, and I talk about him all the time, but I always try to dissociate from any feelings of pain or sadness over losing him. I've never really allowed myself to just grieve. Just wallow in the loss for awhile. I've never been a very outwardly emotional person. I'd rather stab myself in the hand repeatedly than cry in front of another person. Actually, the only person I ever felt comfortable crying in front of was Steve. You're both right -- I need to take some time and just let it all out.

8:09 PM, January 15, 2007  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

**hugs**

Yeah, what they said...

4:21 PM, January 16, 2007  

Post a Comment

<< Home