Wednesday, January 17, 2007

More icicles!

Here's how that eave looked when I woke up this morning:



Slightly different angle:



They won't last much longer, though. We are supposed to start warming up a bit today and be well above freezing by tomorrow.

My office is opening at 1 p.m. today, so I'm going to go back to bed for a few more blessed hours before I have to deal with work again. I was fortunate not to lose power during the ice storm, and for that matter, I'm fortunate to have a roof over my head in the first place. I was also fortunate not to have been in an accident or otherwise negatively affected by the weather. It was nice to have some unplanned time off work, but for the sake of those for whom the weather caused some terrible hardships, I'm glad things are getting back to normal.

4 Comments:

Blogger Baconeater said...

I've got icicles everywhere on my property, from trees to eaves to patio furniture I was supposed to put away 2 months ago.

12:39 PM, January 17, 2007  
Blogger Catherine said...

Icicles are a rarity in Texas. They were cool for about a day. Now I just want them to go away. I think I'd like them more if we were equipped to deal with that sort of weather down here.

9:23 PM, January 17, 2007  
Blogger pounce_uk said...

Just looked outside.
It's snowing here in the Uk.

6:43 PM, January 23, 2007  
Blogger Catherine said...

It is still cold and rainy (although no longer icy) in Austin, but we are supposed to warm up a bit tomorrow.

6:48 PM, January 23, 2007  

Post a Comment

<< Home