Saturday, August 25, 2007

Progress report

After just one week back on the methotrexate, I have significantly improved. It's like night and day. I still have some pain, particularly in my knees and shoulders, but it is minor compared to how I felt last week at this time. So, much as I despise having to sacrifice one lunch hour per month to get blood work done, I suppose I'd better stay on this drug.

Just to make sure I didn't miss being in pain too much, Achilles did me the favor of dislocating my finger yesterday. We were out for a walk when a couple of skateboarders went whizzing by, and he tried to chase them, yanking so hard on the leash that he pulled my middle finger right out of joint. It's not a bad dislocation, thank goodness. It popped right back into place all on its own. It is very swollen, very tender, and will be splinted for a week or two. Even with that bit of discomfort, I am still feeling much, much better now than I have for the past month, so I cannot complain.

4 Comments:

Blogger Saija said...

so glad to hear of any improvement!!!

and animals are a pain, why in the world do we want to cherish & care for them???? :o) ... our new kitty is loveable with sharp claws!

leo is feeling so much better tonight! thank you for your encouragemente & care!

9:08 PM, August 25, 2007  
Blogger Catherine said...

I'm so glad to hear Leo is doing better!! I hope he gets to come home tomorrow.

I am thrilled for you both that you have a new feline friend! That sweet little kitty must have known you needed him. :)

10:08 PM, August 25, 2007  
Blogger pounce_uk said...

A new kitty where?

6:41 PM, August 26, 2007  
Blogger Catherine said...

Saija has a new kitty! If you go to her blog:

http://saija.blogspot.com/

and scroll down to Thursday, August 23, you'll see some adorable pics. :)

6:54 AM, August 27, 2007  

Post a Comment

<< Home