Tuesday, June 03, 2008

Blogging slump

Yeah, it's been awhile. I've been lazy, and there also hasn't been much going on in my life that was worth writing about. I've been recovering from my foot surgery (almost back to normal now) and working my way back into my regular exercise routine. As of this evening, I am back to my usual distance and resistance level on the stationary bike, so I am very happy.

I've also been looking for a new job a little bit more aggressively than I had been. I'm still being picky about which postings I will apply for, because I don't want to go from one bad job to another, but when I see something that looks promising, I'll send a resume and cover letter right away. I had an interview a few weeks ago with a small firm, but didn't get the job. It would have been a very significant pay cut, so I wasn't too terribly disappointed when I didn't get it. Apparently it had come down to me and one other applicant, and she had a slight edge over me due to some very specific experience she had that I didn't (doing Medicaid recovery for the state). Oh well.

I have an interview this Thursday with another small firm, and it sounds promising -- and also would not entail a huge pay cut -- so I am keeping my fingers crossed.

3 Comments:

Blogger Baconeater said...

If I had RA I probably wouldn't cross my fingers. I'd probably knock on wood instead.

4:23 PM, June 04, 2008  
Blogger Catherine said...

Ha! Knocking on wood would hurt worse. :)

9:50 PM, June 04, 2008  
Blogger Saija said...

well it's just good to see you posting again ... :o)

hope you find something you enjoy, job wise!

blessings on ya!

10:00 PM, June 09, 2008  

Post a Comment

<< Home