New job. I has it.
(That was lolcat-speak, for the uninitiated. Warning: This site -- and its companion loldog site -- will take up a lot of your time if you love animals.)
Anyhoo, yes, I have a new job. I got the offer today after completing the last part of a long and arduous hiring process, which included a phone interview, multiple tests (including an IQ test), a long written interview, reference checks, multiple in-person interviews, reading a book about living trusts, and drafting some sample documents for a fictitious client. Whew!
Fortunately, I apparently aced all of that and they made me a very enthusiastic offer. I will give my notice at my current job tomorrow and start the new one on July 1st.
I'm very excited to be getting back into my favorite area of law (estate planning) and back in a small firm. Of course, there is the usual trepidation when changing jobs -- hoping it's the right move and all of that -- but I have a pretty good feeling about it and am looking forward to it! It certainly can't make me any more miserable than I am at my current job, and I suspect I will really enjoy it.
Anyhoo, yes, I have a new job. I got the offer today after completing the last part of a long and arduous hiring process, which included a phone interview, multiple tests (including an IQ test), a long written interview, reference checks, multiple in-person interviews, reading a book about living trusts, and drafting some sample documents for a fictitious client. Whew!
Fortunately, I apparently aced all of that and they made me a very enthusiastic offer. I will give my notice at my current job tomorrow and start the new one on July 1st.
I'm very excited to be getting back into my favorite area of law (estate planning) and back in a small firm. Of course, there is the usual trepidation when changing jobs -- hoping it's the right move and all of that -- but I have a pretty good feeling about it and am looking forward to it! It certainly can't make me any more miserable than I am at my current job, and I suspect I will really enjoy it.


2 Comments:
YAY! Congratulations, Cat!
Your feelings are usually right.... I'll bet this one is gonna be perfect for you!
Hugs & Arooooooooooooooooo!!! :)
Thanks, tokin! The attorneys at my current job keep begging me to reconsider, but I've had daily reminders this week of why I am leaving. Even if the new job doesn't work out, I'd rather keep looking than stay where I am.
**hugs** to you and tummy scratches to Sheba!
Post a Comment
<< Home