New phone. I has it.
My soon-to-be new job apparently comes with a strict no-personal-email-or-internet-use-from-company-computers policy. This is not because they don't want people checking personal email or web surfing on company time, but rather because they are scared to death of computer viruses. The firm is basically paperless. No paper client files are kept -- they are scanned and saved onto the server and then shredded. And, due to the nature of the business, the client files contain all sorts of confidential personal and financial information about the clients. So, I can kind of understand the fear of viruses and trojans and such, although I think they take it to the extreme -- the owner of the firm told me he recently fired an attorney merely for checking his personal email from his office computer. Yikes!
Anyhoo, I didn't want to be without access to my personal email during the day, so I went out and got me one of the sweet new Samsung/Sprint Instinct phones. It is really, really cool. Sadly, the web browsing feature leaves a lot to be desired, so I'm also going to get me one of these. Then I'll be set to do a little web browsing at least on my lunch break. I'm such a geek.
Seriously, though, I can't stop playing with my new phone. I can watch t.v. on it. I can browse the web, albeit in a slow and clumsy fashion. I can read and send email. I can take photos and video. I can watch youtube videos. I can check the weather and even look at the radar. I can play games. I can listen to music. It has a calculator and a calendar. It has GPS navigation. It has a voice command feature. I can tell it, for example, "Find Nordstrom," and it will show me where the nearest Nordstrom is, or I can say, "Call Mom" and it will dial my mom's number. I'm sure it does lots of other stuff, too, that I haven't yet discovered. Also, the battery lasts forever and it came with two batteries and a charger so that I always have a fully-charged spare on hand. Basically, it rocks.
Anyhoo, I didn't want to be without access to my personal email during the day, so I went out and got me one of the sweet new Samsung/Sprint Instinct phones. It is really, really cool. Sadly, the web browsing feature leaves a lot to be desired, so I'm also going to get me one of these. Then I'll be set to do a little web browsing at least on my lunch break. I'm such a geek.
Seriously, though, I can't stop playing with my new phone. I can watch t.v. on it. I can browse the web, albeit in a slow and clumsy fashion. I can read and send email. I can take photos and video. I can watch youtube videos. I can check the weather and even look at the radar. I can play games. I can listen to music. It has a calculator and a calendar. It has GPS navigation. It has a voice command feature. I can tell it, for example, "Find Nordstrom," and it will show me where the nearest Nordstrom is, or I can say, "Call Mom" and it will dial my mom's number. I'm sure it does lots of other stuff, too, that I haven't yet discovered. Also, the battery lasts forever and it came with two batteries and a charger so that I always have a fully-charged spare on hand. Basically, it rocks.


4 Comments:
CONGRATS re the new job ... i read your previous post too ...
july 1st is canada day ... so you start on our big holiday! :o)
blessings on ya! celebrate with dark chocolate! *grin*
Woohoo! Happy Canada Day (a bit early) to you! July 1 is also my nephew Jakob's birthday (he'll be 8 this year), so it's a good day all around.
Dark chocolate for all my friends!! :)
I like yourself decided to upgrade my mobile phone. I replaced my cute, trusty and 1 year old Motorola K1 for the latest from Nokia. The 6500 slide.
In a nutshell I hate it.
Battery life is pants. (3 days on standby)
Heavy
And worse of all it is just so user unfriendly.
I’ve been spending time on the net and going to purchase my old phone. (I gave my old one to a friend and she loves it and has even offered to return it. But I couldn’t do that) I just hope your dog and bone works out better than mine.
Don't you hate it when that happens? I'm still enjoying my new phone, but I have discovered that the battery life isn't as great as I first thought it was. It lasted for two days or more the first two times, even with me playing around with the email, phone, browser, and other features an awful lot. But the next two times it lasted less than 24 hours even though I wasn't playing with the phone as much. Now it seems to last about a day and a half or so with minimal use of the phone. Weird.
At least it came with an extra battery so I can always have a fully-charged spare on hand.
Post a Comment
<< Home