Insomnia
"I'm so tired, but I can't sleep
I'm standing on the edge of something much too deep
It's funny how we feel so much, but cannot say a word
Though we are screaming inside, we can't be heard."
~Sarah McLachlan
I know I've posted that one before, either on this blog or a previous one, but it's just such a great lyric, and so fitting sometimes.
There was this episode of Ally McBeal once: an elderly lady, who (if I recall correctly) had been one of Ally's school teachers at some point, hired Ally to get a court order allowing a doctor to put her into a medically-induced coma. There was nothing wrong with her physically. The thing was, she lived her life through her dreams. In real life, she'd never married -- never had a family -- was lonely and depressed. Every night, however, she would dream an entirely different life -- one in which she had a wonderful husband, children, a beautiful life in general. She wanted to be put into a coma because her dream life was so much better than her real life that she wanted to live in her dreams all the time.
I can kind of understand where she was coming from. Not that I have an enchanting dream life -- I tend to have the kind of nightmares that make me wake up screaming, if I manage to get to sleep in the first place. But I can relate to the desire to want to check out on life and just sleep forever. I can totally relate to that.
I'm standing on the edge of something much too deep
It's funny how we feel so much, but cannot say a word
Though we are screaming inside, we can't be heard."
~Sarah McLachlan
I know I've posted that one before, either on this blog or a previous one, but it's just such a great lyric, and so fitting sometimes.
There was this episode of Ally McBeal once: an elderly lady, who (if I recall correctly) had been one of Ally's school teachers at some point, hired Ally to get a court order allowing a doctor to put her into a medically-induced coma. There was nothing wrong with her physically. The thing was, she lived her life through her dreams. In real life, she'd never married -- never had a family -- was lonely and depressed. Every night, however, she would dream an entirely different life -- one in which she had a wonderful husband, children, a beautiful life in general. She wanted to be put into a coma because her dream life was so much better than her real life that she wanted to live in her dreams all the time.
I can kind of understand where she was coming from. Not that I have an enchanting dream life -- I tend to have the kind of nightmares that make me wake up screaming, if I manage to get to sleep in the first place. But I can relate to the desire to want to check out on life and just sleep forever. I can totally relate to that.


1 Comments:
They have new medicines out there that work well. I use Benadryl sometimes. I also use my muscle relaxants, but too much of that makes it hard for me to walk.
Have you tried Ambien (http://www.ambiencr.com/default.aspx?s=&c=&PromoCode=ASPL00905) ? I think I'd like to, but I don't know how it would interact with everything else I take.
Post a Comment
<< Home