Getting back in shape is hard work!
I remember when I was in high school, in great shape from dancing for three to eight hours a day, and on a family vacation to visit my aunt and uncle in Colorado, I took the opportunity to use the exercise bike they had in their basement. I hopped on that thing and went for twenty miles without breaking a sweat.
Well. Things are different now.
I haven't gotten much exercise for the past several years, and none at all to speak of for the past year or so. Not being able to do anything with a lot of impact sucks. That's why I thought the bike would be a good idea, especially with the memory of how easy it was when I was in good shape.
The bike was a good idea, and I'm glad I got it and that it finally has two pedals. It's not nearly as easy as I thought it would be, though. I'm taking it slowly, adding a mile or so each day. I definitely break a sweat now, though! While I was pedaling and sweating this evening, I finally remembered that the damn thing has a fan! I turned it on and that made my ride much more comfortable.
Even though it's only been a week, I really can feel my body getting back into shape already, which is fabulous. And I'm now up to 12.5 pounds lost since New Years. Woohooooooo!
Well. Things are different now.
I haven't gotten much exercise for the past several years, and none at all to speak of for the past year or so. Not being able to do anything with a lot of impact sucks. That's why I thought the bike would be a good idea, especially with the memory of how easy it was when I was in good shape.
The bike was a good idea, and I'm glad I got it and that it finally has two pedals. It's not nearly as easy as I thought it would be, though. I'm taking it slowly, adding a mile or so each day. I definitely break a sweat now, though! While I was pedaling and sweating this evening, I finally remembered that the damn thing has a fan! I turned it on and that made my ride much more comfortable.
Even though it's only been a week, I really can feel my body getting back into shape already, which is fabulous. And I'm now up to 12.5 pounds lost since New Years. Woohooooooo!


5 Comments:
Keep pumping babe!!!! ;)
Thanks, Bear! I'm really excited. 13 lbs. lost as of this morning! Woohoooo! I even had wardrobe difficulty this morning, because none of my pants fit any more. I finally settled for a pair that had been a wee bit tight on me when I bought them last year, but are now reeeeeaaaaaallllllly baggy. I'm gonna have to make a quick clothes-shopping detour on my way home from work this evening. :)
yowza! lookin good. :)
like your blog too.
thanks for trusting me w/ the link... i know you're not a blog whore like bacon. (he he).
c ya!
TOKIN!! Woohooooo! I'm glad you're here. :)
You know I couldn't turn down a personal invitation.
Keep on pedaling, it's working. :)
c ya round! Arooooooooooooooo!!!
Post a Comment
<< Home