Sunday, June 11, 2006

Achilles loves his crate!

I was initially afraid that keeping Achilles crated during his recovery was going to be a struggle, but he really does like it in there! I'm so glad that he's resting and not fighting it. Here he is, enjoying a cookie in his crate yesterday evening:



His recovery seems to be proceeding nicely. He is able to put some weight on the leg, but often opts to just hop around on three legs. The vet said that after three weeks, he should be putting weight on it most of the time, but he'll still be going easy on it for six to eight weeks. His incision looks great, and he has been a real trooper throughout this whole ordeal. This definitely has not been easy, but his attitude has made it go as smoothly as I could have hoped. Whew!

5 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

What a sweet puppy. I'm glad he likes his crate, because our cats hate theirs. We have to put them in Pet Smart's Pet Hotel while we move.

A warm hug to Achilles from me.

8:57 AM, June 12, 2006  
Blogger Catherine said...

Thanks, Bear! I think he is the cutest puppy EVER, but I might be just a wee bit biased. :)

I'm surprised your cats hate their crate. When I got a crate for Millie (the feral kitty who was hit by the car and had a leg amputated last year), all of my other cats were jealous and took every opportunity to try to sneak into Millie's crate. They now try to get into Achilles' crate all the time.

How many cats do you have?

10:12 AM, June 12, 2006  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

"I think he is the cutest puppy EVER, but I might be just a wee bit biased. :)"

No, Sheba agrees with you! He's a real K-9 Hottie!

Arooooooooooooooooooooooooo!!!!

:)

7:45 PM, June 12, 2006  
Blogger Catherine said...

Sheba has exquisite taste. :)

Aroooooorooooooooooroooooooooooooo!

9:26 PM, June 12, 2006  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

We have 2 cats. They don't like their crate, but they love Pet Smart's Pet Hotel. That's where they are going during the move. It's actually ver reasonable.

10:23 AM, June 13, 2006  

Post a Comment

<< Home