And in other news...
My parents and I drove up to Fort Worth last Wednesday for Glenn's funeral. I'm glad I was able to go and pay my respects. I also got to see my cousin Jeff, Glenn's son, who I hadn't seen in about 14 years. Jeff and Glenn were best friends, and it was really heartbreaking to see Jeff break down in sobs at the end of the funeral. He lost his mother to breast cancer when he was just 12 or 13, and now he's lost his father to cancer, as well. It was great to see him after all these years, but I sure wish it had been under happier circumstances.
Achilles is still doing very well. His surgery was three weeks ago today, so he has five weeks left of restricted activity.
I have been unable to find a copy of my old resume anywhere, so I've had to recreate it from scratch, which was a challenge. I think I finally have it just about ready -- I'll put the finishing touches on it tomorrow and then I can start sending it out. I have a couple of potential job leads through people I know, so hopefully one of those will work out. I really hate the thought of starting over at a new job, but I'm trying to view it as an opportunity. I have really enjoyed my current job, and couldn't have asked for better people to work for, but who knows? Maybe I'll find something that I enjoy even more.
Achilles is still doing very well. His surgery was three weeks ago today, so he has five weeks left of restricted activity.
I have been unable to find a copy of my old resume anywhere, so I've had to recreate it from scratch, which was a challenge. I think I finally have it just about ready -- I'll put the finishing touches on it tomorrow and then I can start sending it out. I have a couple of potential job leads through people I know, so hopefully one of those will work out. I really hate the thought of starting over at a new job, but I'm trying to view it as an opportunity. I have really enjoyed my current job, and couldn't have asked for better people to work for, but who knows? Maybe I'll find something that I enjoy even more.


6 Comments:
all the best on the job search ... i know what you mean re starting over ... sigh ... though sometimes, when we least wanna do something - it turns out to be the best possible thing ... isn't that odd? and i'm sure you've experienced that too in life ...
my sympathies regarding your uncle Glenn ... he was so young ... but i am glad that you did get to go ...
i guess rick is moving today, eh?
well it's off to the salt mines in the park for me (i work late weeks and weekends) ...
blessings to you!
Family funerals suck so bad, so that's why I don't go to them. The last one I went to was my mom's and and that was nothing close to hell because of my father's side of the family is a bunch of a-holes.
Just like my dad.
Thanks, Saija! I have, indeed, experienced that. I think that this is probably going to end up being a good thing for me, but I'm still trying to work past that feeling of not wanting to go through a job change! I guess I'd better get moving on that job search, though -- this is my last week at work.
Hope you're enjoying some time off right now!
Huh, Bear, I think the only other family funeral I've been to was my brother's. I've lost an aunt and both grandfathers, but they all lived far away and died when I was in high school, so I didn't get to attend their funerals. I'm really glad I went to Glenn's, though. Funerals are never an enjoyable experience, but there was no drama or anything, and it was good to see some people I hadn't seen in years.
My mom's funeral was nothing but dramas. My mon's family was pissed at my dad. My dad's brother yelled at me for not going to his father's funeral.
And to top it all off, even though my mother died of lung cancer directly linked to smoke, all of these people were smoking like a chimney. I was like a bar in the house, and it took weeks to clear out.
Ugh, that sounds awful! :(
**hugs**
Fortunately for me, my family rates pretty low on the drama scale.
Post a Comment
<< Home