Okay, I admit it.
For those of you who don't already know, I'm an American Idol junkie. It's true. I have always loved to sing, and if I were young enough to audition for the show, I would. Instead, I live vicariously through those who are young enough to audition, and who make it into the top 24.
So anyway, they have narrowed this season's crop of hopefuls down to the top 24 contestants, who will perform this week. And I'm really pulling for Sanjaya Malakar at this point, and I'll tell you why. He and his sister, Shyamali, both auditioned and both made it to Hollywood week, but Shyamali was cut after the last audition of the week. When Sanjaya realized that he had made it and his sister had not, the first thing he did was run downstairs to comfort her, rather than celebrating with the rest of those who made the cut. They showed a very touching moment with him hugging his sister, and both of them crying. He seemed just as upset as she was at the fact that she hadn't made it.
Of course, I instantly thought that that was exactly how it would have gone down had Steve and I ever auditioned for American Idol. Steve would have made it, and I wouldn't have, and he would have been right there to give me a big hug and cry with me, without giving a thought to celebrating his own achievement. He would have been devastated that I hadn't made it.
So, watching Sanjaya and Shyamali made me cry, and now I'm hoping that he does really well on the show. What can I say? I'm a sap.
So anyway, they have narrowed this season's crop of hopefuls down to the top 24 contestants, who will perform this week. And I'm really pulling for Sanjaya Malakar at this point, and I'll tell you why. He and his sister, Shyamali, both auditioned and both made it to Hollywood week, but Shyamali was cut after the last audition of the week. When Sanjaya realized that he had made it and his sister had not, the first thing he did was run downstairs to comfort her, rather than celebrating with the rest of those who made the cut. They showed a very touching moment with him hugging his sister, and both of them crying. He seemed just as upset as she was at the fact that she hadn't made it.
Of course, I instantly thought that that was exactly how it would have gone down had Steve and I ever auditioned for American Idol. Steve would have made it, and I wouldn't have, and he would have been right there to give me a big hug and cry with me, without giving a thought to celebrating his own achievement. He would have been devastated that I hadn't made it.
So, watching Sanjaya and Shyamali made me cry, and now I'm hoping that he does really well on the show. What can I say? I'm a sap.


4 Comments:
i thought that was such a wonderful moment too ... he couldn't fully enjoy his win, because his sister didn't have the same good fortune!
i guess i know what you'll be doing tomorrow ...
Oh, yeah! I'll be glued to the t.v. for the next three nights. :)
" American Idol "
Noooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooo
Oh, yes, Pounce! I know, it's corny, but I love it anyway. :)
Post a Comment
<< Home