Getting back in shape
It's amazing how just a month or so of not being able to exercise can make you feel all icky and out of shape when you've gotten used to regular exercise. This evening I rode my bike for the first time in at least three weeks. I managed a mere eight miles, and had to use the lowest resistance setting the entire time, but it sure felt good to do that much! I'll work my way back up gradually, but hopefully in a week or two I'll be back to my usual resistance setting and ten to twelve mile rides.


4 Comments:
Are you able to ride a real bike? I know Austin has some great bike trails.
My town has great bike trails too. They run along the creeks in the area. I'm just not able to take advantage of them.
I *could* ride a real bike, but I am not a fan of the great outdoors, so I don't. Plus, I'm too lazy to haul a bike to one of the bike trails and back. There are a lot of great places in Austin I could go if I were so inclined, though.
8 miles is GREAT!!! i probably do less then that when i ride ... i like to just "get out, abit!" ...
leo is feeling better - tho' weak and tired ... but? the pneumonia on top of his usual yuckies can be a hit on the system!
blessings on you!
I'm so glad to hear Leo's feeling better! I hope the extra weakness and tiredness will be gone soon. I know it's more difficult to recover from an illness when you already suffer from a chronic pain condition. He's in my thoughts and prayers!
I managed an 8.5 mile ride this evening, and even managed to do one mile of it on a higher resistance setting -- yay!!
Post a Comment
<< Home