Tuesday, August 28, 2007

Oops.

One thing about RA is that irreversible joint damage can be done very quickly. This is why they start you on an aggressive treatment plan immediately upon diagnosis. It looks like my recent six-week flare-up has done a number on some of my joints, particularly in my left hand. If you have ever seen what RA left untreated can do to a person's hands, you know it's not pretty. Well, mine don't look like that yet, thank goodness, but my left thumb and index finger now have joints that are now bulging out to one side. I think that there will be yet another hand surgery (my fourth) in the near future. These things have to be dealt with quickly before they deteriorate further.

I see my rheumatologist in two weeks, so I will wait until then, but chances are I'll be paying a visit to my hand surgeon shortly thereafter. Dangit.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home