New job news
The new job is still great. I no longer dread getting up and going to work every morning. I stay in a good mood all day. I really enjoy what I do, and I'm really good at it. It is like the polar opposite of my previous job (I believe we decided to call it Firm B for purposes of this blog). I had gotten to the point where I spent the better part of every day in a horrible mood, cursing under my breath (and sometimes not so quietly) throughout the day. I had forgotten what it was like to actually enjoy my job.
I had lunch today with a friend from Firm B and she told me that there was another big lay-off last week. I'm not sure if I blogged about the one in January, but that makes twice this year that they decided to send a bunch of people packing. I'm really glad I left when I did. I doubt I'd have been laid off, but that's just not the kind of atmosphere I want to work in. I worked for Motorola for nearly six years; I already know what it's like to be constantly wondering if you're going to be laid off before the end of the work day. Not fun.
So, gigantic pay cut notwithstanding, I definitely made the right choice.
I had lunch today with a friend from Firm B and she told me that there was another big lay-off last week. I'm not sure if I blogged about the one in January, but that makes twice this year that they decided to send a bunch of people packing. I'm really glad I left when I did. I doubt I'd have been laid off, but that's just not the kind of atmosphere I want to work in. I worked for Motorola for nearly six years; I already know what it's like to be constantly wondering if you're going to be laid off before the end of the work day. Not fun.
So, gigantic pay cut notwithstanding, I definitely made the right choice.


2 Comments:
And no crazy lady!
I'm glad you're happy with your decision, Cat. It sounds much more like your kind of place. :)
Money can't buy back your sanity....
"Money can't buy back your sanity...."
Amen to that!
Post a Comment
<< Home