Saturday, January 07, 2006

All I wanted for Christmas was an exercise bike...

So, I picked up my sweet new exercise bike this morning, and set about putting it together right away. Assembling it was not all that difficult, except for one minor issue:

The fucking pedals were not in the box!

I have a beautiful new stationary bicycle with no fucking pedals!!

Sort of defeats the purpose of the bike, don't you think?

I called Sears right away and got the run-around for half an hour before finally reaching someone who told me I could bring the bike back and exchange it for a new one. That sounded like an awful lot of trouble to me, seeing how the bike was already assembled (minus the pedals) and I'd have to rent a truck with which to return it, since it won't fit in my Honda now that it's assembled, and then I'd have to assemble a whole new bike.

Then I noticed that on the front page of the owner's manual, it states that if the bike is missing any parts (apparently this happens often?), NordicTrack guarantees "complete satisfaction through direct assistance from our factory." They give an 800 number to call, but of course, it is open Monday through Friday from six a.m. to six p.m., so I guess I won't be pedaling this weekend, and probably not for the next week or two. God knows how long it will take the bastards to ship me my fucking pedals.

Dammit.

3 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

Dang girl, we have all the good luck, don't we? But you probably can go to any sports store and buy pedals if you want.

9:49 PM, January 07, 2006  
Blogger Catherine said...

I'm far too lazy for that. :) Plus, I want to make sure I get the right ones that will fit like they are supposed to. NordicTrack is going to ship them to me sometime after the 12th -- they seem to be "out of stock," which would explain why there weren't any included with my bike. Bastards.

2:45 PM, January 10, 2006  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

I hate that. I purchased a cover for my mp3 player online and everytime I check the transaction is just sitting there. After 2 weeks, I had to call to find out that it was on back order. If I had known a couple of weeks ago, I would have canceled my transaction and bought it the old fashion way.

Damn.

8:52 AM, January 13, 2006  

Post a Comment

<< Home