Friday, January 27, 2006

Better day today...

Jacquelin surprised me this afternoon by dropping in on me at the office. I hadn't gone to lunch today, so we were able to go to the deli downstairs and chat for an hour or so. It was great to see her and have time for a good chat! She must have known on some level that I'd had a rough day yesterday and needed to see her. :) She's doing very well -- she has a lot on her plate at work right now but is handling it with her customary aplomb and skill. I am going to have to drive to Driftwood one Saturday or Sunday in the near future so that we can stay caught up with each other and I can see Alex, as well! I think today was the first time since Alex was born that I've seen Jacquelin by herself. On the one hand, it was nice to be able to have a nice, long, adult conversation without interruptions, but on the other hand, it was strange to see Jacquelin but not Alex.

Oh! Jacquelin is going to send me some of Steve's poems so that I can post them on my blog. I am looking forward to that!

I'm not sure if I've mentioned yet that we are expanding again at work. We hired another new attorney last month and the construction on the new addition to our office space began this week, so it's very noisy, hectic, and disorganized around here. The good news is that after it's over, I'm going to move to a new location in the new back part of the office, where it will be much more quiet and there will be much less distraction. The construction is supposed to take about three weeks, so hopefully by the end of next month, I'll be all set up in my new digs.

I'm really glad that it's Friday. Yesterday's RA flare-up has dissipated somewhat, but it's not completely gone, and I'm looking forward to going home this evening, putting on some pajamas, doing my stupid methotrexate injection (well, I'm not looking forward to that part), crawling into bed, and sleeping for as long as I can. Then, with any luck, I'll get up and manage to be at least somewhat productive this weekend, but I'm not going to push it. If I have the energy for it, I'll work on phase two of my New Year's house-cleaning resolution: the kitchen. Otherwise, I'll just sleep all weekend and the kitchen can wait for another week.

2 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

I hope your weekend went well and that you got some really good naps in.

Just wanted to check in and say hi!

Rummms

11:05 PM, January 31, 2006  
Blogger Catherine said...

Hi, Rummms! Thanks for checkin' in! My weekend wasn't very productive, although I did manage to get in quite a bit of reading and some Russian lessons, and plenty of sleep. :)

12:07 PM, February 01, 2006  

Post a Comment

<< Home