De pain! De pain!
Today was rough. I woke up in excruciating pain and would have called in sick, but knew I had to be at the office for a ten o'clock meeting with a client. Everything hurt with that awful, bone-deep pain -- my feet, knees, back, arms, hands -- and I had a nasty headache, as well. I managed to get to the office right at ten, but I really should not have been driving, which I didn't realize until I was already on the road. I hadn't taken any pain medication, since I was planning to drive, but the pain itself was so bad that I had difficulty concentrating on the road. I just wanted to go back to bed and curl up in the fetal position for the rest of the day.
I also had an appointment to get a bunch of blood work done this afternoon. My rheumatologist had tacked on a bunch of additional tests to my usual monthly standing order at the lab. I had to ask one of my co-workers to drive me there, and when she asked if I was okay, I started to cry. Then I turned around to see my boss standing right behind me. I hate that! I am the type of person to cry at the drop of a hat, but I absolutely hate to cry in front of anyone, particularly my boss! Ugh. He's a great guy and was very sympathetic and asked if I needed to go home, but it was just so embarrassing. I hated having to ask my co-worker to drive me to my appointment, too. She's a very sweet girl and was happy to do it, but I hated having to ask. I can't stand not being able to do things for myself, and feeling as if I'm a burden on others. It is very depressing.
All day long, I was walking like a little old lady with a broken hip or something. I had to keep taking off my shoes because my feet hurt so badly. By the end of the day, I was able to drive myself home without too much trouble -- RA flare-ups are always the very worst in the morning and tend to abate somewhat as the day goes on. That kind of pain is really exhausting, though. I am so unbelievably tired right now. I think I will go to bed early and hope that there will not be a repeat episode in the morning.
I also had an appointment to get a bunch of blood work done this afternoon. My rheumatologist had tacked on a bunch of additional tests to my usual monthly standing order at the lab. I had to ask one of my co-workers to drive me there, and when she asked if I was okay, I started to cry. Then I turned around to see my boss standing right behind me. I hate that! I am the type of person to cry at the drop of a hat, but I absolutely hate to cry in front of anyone, particularly my boss! Ugh. He's a great guy and was very sympathetic and asked if I needed to go home, but it was just so embarrassing. I hated having to ask my co-worker to drive me to my appointment, too. She's a very sweet girl and was happy to do it, but I hated having to ask. I can't stand not being able to do things for myself, and feeling as if I'm a burden on others. It is very depressing.
All day long, I was walking like a little old lady with a broken hip or something. I had to keep taking off my shoes because my feet hurt so badly. By the end of the day, I was able to drive myself home without too much trouble -- RA flare-ups are always the very worst in the morning and tend to abate somewhat as the day goes on. That kind of pain is really exhausting, though. I am so unbelievably tired right now. I think I will go to bed early and hope that there will not be a repeat episode in the morning.


1 Comments:
Hugs, baby. Hugs.
There doesn't seem much else to say anymore.
Post a Comment
<< Home