New Years Resolution Check-up
Let's have a look at how I'm doing on my resolutions, shall we?
1. Once the glut of tasty but fattening holiday food disappears, I am getting back on my Whole Foods, more vegan products kick.
Hey, I'm actually doing really well on this one. I've eaten almost no junk food at all since New Years, and I've lost five and a half pounds so far.
2. On a related note, for Christmas I received a check with which to purchase the stationary bike I've been wanting to get. I found a nice one on the Sears website and am going to order it and pick it up this weekend. I resolve to bike my ass off and get back into decent shape.
The bike is completely assembled except for the pedals, which have still not arrived from those bastards at NordicTrack.
3. I will waste less money ordering things from Sephora, and put more money into my savings account. I mean, really, how many lip glosses, lipsticks, and lip balms do I really need, anyway?
So far, so good. I have cut down my impulse purchases not just on Sephora, but everywhere, and I've put 50% more than usual into my savings account each payday (okay, there have only been two paydays since New Years, but still -- so far, so good).
4. I will spend more time visiting family and friends, and in particular, Jacquelin and Alexandria. It is inexcusable to have let nine months pass this year without seeing them!
Definitely need to work on this one!
5. I will spend less time posting on Yahoo message boards, in particular, the board known as the Hate Board, which has become not much fun for me lately, and just basically a huge waste of time and effort.
This one is going very well. I've spent days at a time without posting on Yahoo, and on days when I do post, I don't post nearly as much as I used to.
6. I will read more books, or at least continue reading at a good pace. I actually read quite a few this past year, but I still have a large stack waiting to be read, plus many more that I'd like to purchase and read. In the past year, I read: Balzac's Pere Goriot, Steinbeck's Cannery Row, Gogol's Dead Souls and a collection of his short stories, Tolstoy's War and Peace, Schiller's The Ghost Seer, Gunter Grass's The Tin Drum, Nabokov's Pale Fire, Giuseppe di Lampedusa's The Leopard, a collection of 19th century Russian poetry, and Julie Powell's Julie & Julia. Next on my list is Norman Mailer's The Executioner's Song, then some more Balzac and some more Tolstoy, a couple of books on the Holocaust, and then we shall see...
I'm on page seven hundred and something of The Executioner's Song and have just over 300 pages to go. It is a very gripping book -- difficult to put down.
7. I will do a thorough cleaning of my house, clear out the clutter, and make some improvements such as new paint on all of the interior walls, new flooring throughout, and some new appliances.
This one is going very well so far! I cleared out several trash bags full of clutter from the utility room last week, and started on the kitchen, which I plan to finish over the weekend. Woohoo!
8. I will update this blog more often and try to make it a bit more interesting.
Okay, that one needs work. :)
1. Once the glut of tasty but fattening holiday food disappears, I am getting back on my Whole Foods, more vegan products kick.
Hey, I'm actually doing really well on this one. I've eaten almost no junk food at all since New Years, and I've lost five and a half pounds so far.
2. On a related note, for Christmas I received a check with which to purchase the stationary bike I've been wanting to get. I found a nice one on the Sears website and am going to order it and pick it up this weekend. I resolve to bike my ass off and get back into decent shape.
The bike is completely assembled except for the pedals, which have still not arrived from those bastards at NordicTrack.
3. I will waste less money ordering things from Sephora, and put more money into my savings account. I mean, really, how many lip glosses, lipsticks, and lip balms do I really need, anyway?
So far, so good. I have cut down my impulse purchases not just on Sephora, but everywhere, and I've put 50% more than usual into my savings account each payday (okay, there have only been two paydays since New Years, but still -- so far, so good).
4. I will spend more time visiting family and friends, and in particular, Jacquelin and Alexandria. It is inexcusable to have let nine months pass this year without seeing them!
Definitely need to work on this one!
5. I will spend less time posting on Yahoo message boards, in particular, the board known as the Hate Board, which has become not much fun for me lately, and just basically a huge waste of time and effort.
This one is going very well. I've spent days at a time without posting on Yahoo, and on days when I do post, I don't post nearly as much as I used to.
6. I will read more books, or at least continue reading at a good pace. I actually read quite a few this past year, but I still have a large stack waiting to be read, plus many more that I'd like to purchase and read. In the past year, I read: Balzac's Pere Goriot, Steinbeck's Cannery Row, Gogol's Dead Souls and a collection of his short stories, Tolstoy's War and Peace, Schiller's The Ghost Seer, Gunter Grass's The Tin Drum, Nabokov's Pale Fire, Giuseppe di Lampedusa's The Leopard, a collection of 19th century Russian poetry, and Julie Powell's Julie & Julia. Next on my list is Norman Mailer's The Executioner's Song, then some more Balzac and some more Tolstoy, a couple of books on the Holocaust, and then we shall see...
I'm on page seven hundred and something of The Executioner's Song and have just over 300 pages to go. It is a very gripping book -- difficult to put down.
7. I will do a thorough cleaning of my house, clear out the clutter, and make some improvements such as new paint on all of the interior walls, new flooring throughout, and some new appliances.
This one is going very well so far! I cleared out several trash bags full of clutter from the utility room last week, and started on the kitchen, which I plan to finish over the weekend. Woohoo!
8. I will update this blog more often and try to make it a bit more interesting.
Okay, that one needs work. :)


1 Comments:
You're doing better than I am. I didn't even make any resolutions.
You go girl!
Post a Comment
<< Home