Wednesday, March 08, 2006

Happy Birthday, Steve

Steve would have been 37 today. I was thinking about him last night, and this Robert Frost poem popped into my head. I think it's fitting for the occasion:

Nature's first green is gold,
Her hardest hue to hold.
Her early leaf's a flower;
But only so an hour.
Then leaf subsides to leaf.
So Eden sank to grief,
So dawn goes down to day.
Nothing gold can stay.

4 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

Stay gold Cat...
Stay gold

***hugs***

And yes I ripped that off from the Outsiders, where I first learned to love that poem.

Happy Birthday Steve! You are much loved.

8:13 PM, March 08, 2006  
Blogger Catherine said...

Thanks, Rummms! The Outsiders was where I first learned that poem, as well. :)

**hugs**

11:12 PM, March 08, 2006  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

I raise my glass of wine so I can share it with loved ones that are no longer with us.

8:04 AM, March 09, 2006  
Blogger Catherine said...

I raise my orange juice and toast to that!

9:22 PM, March 09, 2006  

Post a Comment

<< Home