Sunday, March 04, 2007

There's a first time for everything.

Although I'm fairly politically active, I've never actually donated money to a political campaign before today. My first-ever campaign contribution went to John Edwards. I like Edwards, although I'm not very hopeful that he'll win the Democratic nomination. I decided to contribute to his campaign as a "fuck you" to Ann Coulter after she made these remarks yesterday:

Coulter was a featured speaker at the 34th annual Conservative Political Action Conference. Following her prepared remarks, televised on C-Span, Coulter was asked to talk about Edwards.

"It turns out you have to go into rehab if you use the word 'faggot,' so I'm kind of at an impasse -- I can't really talk about Edwards," she said.

...

Coulter has previously suggested that other prominent Democrats are gay -- including former Vice President Al Gore, former President Bill Clinton and Sen. Hillary Clinton, Editor & Publisher reported. All of them, including Edwards, are married, and Bill Clinton's heterosexual tendencies caused a certain amount of well publicized trouble for him as in the White House.
That woman never manages to open her mouth without something repugnant coming out of it. Every time she makes a similar comment about Edwards or any other candidate, I'm going to make another contribution.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home