Ordinarily I would never do this
unless I was on my death bed, but I'm taking a sick day tomorrow. It's not that I'm not sick. I have a sinus infection or something, and I'm going to see the doctor in the morning. But usually, I'd go straight from the doctor to the office. Heck, I've even been known to take a cab to work when I have a migraine and can't drive, and to do it all over again the next day after spending five hours in the ER. So, theoretically, I could go to work tomorrow after my doctor visit. But I'm not going to.
I've been feeling crappy for three days, I'm exhausted, I'm running a fever, and I guess I'm just not as invested in this job as I was in my last one. So I'm gonna go to the doctor tomorrow, pick up whatever prescriptions she gives me to get rid of this crud, come home, and rest for the remainder of the day. I would have stayed home today, too, but we had two filing deadlines and I would have felt guilty. But tomorrow will be a day of rest.
I've been feeling crappy for three days, I'm exhausted, I'm running a fever, and I guess I'm just not as invested in this job as I was in my last one. So I'm gonna go to the doctor tomorrow, pick up whatever prescriptions she gives me to get rid of this crud, come home, and rest for the remainder of the day. I would have stayed home today, too, but we had two filing deadlines and I would have felt guilty. But tomorrow will be a day of rest.


6 Comments:
you just get feeling better ... i know the guilt of staying home, even when i'm sick - but sometimes you just have to take care of YOU!
((hugs))
Sorry to hear you're not feeling well, Cat. :(
Don't feel guilty about it, just take the afternoon off and rest like you said... that's the only way to get rid of it.
I hope you're feeling better soon. :)
hugs & aroooooooooooooooo!!
Thanks, you guys! I just got back from the doctor and the pharmacy. As I suspected, it's just a sinus infection. I get one every year. I'm back home, back in my pajamas, with a cat on my lap, and I'm about to go have a bowl of cereal so I can get started on these anitbiotics. I think a nap will be in order this afternoon. :)
Ok, I've posted you as of 1400 hrs today a number of CDs of current BRITISH Music.
(Can't be doing with all that Country and music can we) Also included is a couple of copies of the x-fools.
The X-fools was a radio comic strip that aired in the UK about 10 years ago.(It takes the piss out of the X-files) very very funny. After you have played it (but only in the car) you will understand the second copy)
Oh yes as of tomorrow I'm in London for a month. So I won't be on line.
Have fun
Well what do you know, found this site;
http://xfools.co.uk/
Thanks, Pounce! I look forward to receiving the CDs!
Post a Comment
<< Home