On September 11th 2001 I was in my office when the Col of the regiment (Who was using our land line to access the internet on his lappy) mentioned that a plane had crashed into the WTC. I turned round to loz (the lad I worked with) and said “What’s the World trade centre”? I just didn’t know and without coming across as callous or uncaring I just didn’t care. Then I got home. Oh my god. But even then I still felt somewhat divorced from all that transpired until a few days later on my drive into camp and on the radio news they were playing the phone calls of those poor people who knew they were going to die. then it really hit home. My heart goes out not only to the victims but rather to the people that were left behind by the sudden departure of their loved ones. They have to carry the pain of that ugly day for the rest of their natural and time will never heal that wound.
I heard about it on the car radio on my way to work that morning, as it was all happening. I had a vague idea of what the WTC was, but had no idea how big it was or how many people worked there. I didn't fully understand the magnitude of what had happened until I got to the office and turned on the t.v. I'll never forget watching people hanging and jumping out of the windows, or seeing the towers crumble into dust on live television. That day changed me forever. I can't even imagine how it's changed those who were directly affected.
2 Comments:
On September 11th 2001 I was in my office when the Col of the regiment (Who was using our land line to access the internet on his lappy) mentioned that a plane had crashed into the WTC. I turned round to loz (the lad I worked with) and said “What’s the World trade centre”? I just didn’t know and without coming across as callous or uncaring I just didn’t care. Then I got home. Oh my god. But even then I still felt somewhat divorced from all that transpired until a few days later on my drive into camp and on the radio news they were playing the phone calls of those poor people who knew they were going to die. then it really hit home. My heart goes out not only to the victims but rather to the people that were left behind by the sudden departure of their loved ones. They have to carry the pain of that ugly day for the rest of their natural and time will never heal that wound.
I heard about it on the car radio on my way to work that morning, as it was all happening. I had a vague idea of what the WTC was, but had no idea how big it was or how many people worked there. I didn't fully understand the magnitude of what had happened until I got to the office and turned on the t.v. I'll never forget watching people hanging and jumping out of the windows, or seeing the towers crumble into dust on live television. That day changed me forever. I can't even imagine how it's changed those who were directly affected.
Post a Comment
<< Home