Vegetarian recommendation
I am usually not at all impressed with "meat substitutes" such as Gardenburgers, Tofurkey, etc. Some of them taste all right, but not remotely like the meat product they are supposedly a "substitute" for. Well, I finally found one such product that actually tastes like the real thing:
Morningstar Farms Veggie Corn Dogs
I gotta tell you, as a meat eater, I always enjoyed a good corn dog, and when I ate these veggie corn dogs for lunch today, I couldn't tell a difference from the "real" thing. I don't believe I've ever tried any products from Morningstar Farms before, but if everything they make is as good as the veggie corn dogs, I am about to become a loyal customer.
Morningstar Farms Veggie Corn Dogs
I gotta tell you, as a meat eater, I always enjoyed a good corn dog, and when I ate these veggie corn dogs for lunch today, I couldn't tell a difference from the "real" thing. I don't believe I've ever tried any products from Morningstar Farms before, but if everything they make is as good as the veggie corn dogs, I am about to become a loyal customer.


3 Comments:
I'm not a big fan of the soy substitutes, or anything that tries to match the texture/flavor of real meat. I don't think there is a way that can be done. The biggest issue is that they are usually more expensive that the real thing.
I actually like the some of the substitutes like Gardenburger. The way I see it, if I sub ne for the real thing, I can eat more of my most favorite food, which is French Fries.
I know it; you can almost always tell a difference in the texture of soy products, but I swear to you, with these veggie corn dogs, I did not notice it at all. They even looked like real hot dogs. I'm gonna have to try Morningstar's burger substitute next. I shall report back to you with my findings. :)
You mean hotdogs are made from real meat????
Post a Comment
<< Home