Thursday, February 02, 2006

I wanna be a polyglot!

One resolution I forgot to include on my list is to make some serious progress in my attempt to learn Russian. I've been sort of toying around with it for the past year and a half or so, but I really would like to become fluent. I've made some good progress in the past couple of weeks. I am halfway through my Pimsleur "Speak Russian in Ten Days" CD set. I listened to Lesson Five last night, but it was so difficult that I think I'll repeat it again tonight before moving on to Lesson Six. Anyhow, I am really starting to feel like I'm going to be able to learn this language. It would be much easier if I'd just take a class at UT or something, but I kind of like my self-teaching style. It's fun, and fortunately, I have several native Russian-speaking online friends who have been very helpful in answering my questions when I get stumped.

So, at the moment, я немного говорю по-русски, но не очень хорошо. (I speak a little Russian, but not very well.)

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home