A couple of Steve's poems
Courtesy of Jacquelin (thank you so much!):
For Christmas:
Remember, my love
For this holiday
And all those to come
You are the warmth
Of each Holiday flame
And being with you
Is the most precious
Gift
I could ever receive
On this Earth.
I love You.
Steve
*************
Jesus, Billy and You
I can’t put my finger on it exactly
What these things have to do
One with the other.
Perhaps it’s the tremor I feel
When the moneychangers are turned out,
It’s the summer highland falls and
A breath of golden hair ghosts before my eyes.
Maybe I’m just
Lured by sandaled rebellion
Revealed in glass houses or
Warmed by a unique duplicate smile.
I can always find
Salvation in the words
Strength in the chords and
Comfort in your arms.
And all I can do is wrap myself around
Three things that give me
Meaningful purpose
Childlike wonder, and
Unconditional love.
For Christmas:
Remember, my love
For this holiday
And all those to come
You are the warmth
Of each Holiday flame
And being with you
Is the most precious
Gift
I could ever receive
On this Earth.
I love You.
Steve
*************
Jesus, Billy and You
I can’t put my finger on it exactly
What these things have to do
One with the other.
Perhaps it’s the tremor I feel
When the moneychangers are turned out,
It’s the summer highland falls and
A breath of golden hair ghosts before my eyes.
Maybe I’m just
Lured by sandaled rebellion
Revealed in glass houses or
Warmed by a unique duplicate smile.
I can always find
Salvation in the words
Strength in the chords and
Comfort in your arms.
And all I can do is wrap myself around
Three things that give me
Meaningful purpose
Childlike wonder, and
Unconditional love.


0 Comments:
Post a Comment
<< Home