You put your right foot in, you take your right foot out...
Dammit.
I was hoping to get through at least the first half of the year without any surgeries, but I had to break down and call my foot surgeon today to schedule an appointment. We took care of my left foot last year, and my right foot is now to the point where just putting weight on it (or putting a shoe on it, for that matter) is becoming unbearable. It's like walking on knives.
So, I shall see my foot surgeon on the 21st. He'll probably take some x-rays, then tell me what I already know is wrong with it, then shoot it full of cortisone and schedule a follow-up visit, at which time he'll tell me it's going to require surgery. I know this drill.
I guess the good news is that I have only two feet, so I'm halfway done already. The bad news is that my left foot required two surgeries, and I have no reason to expect that my right foot will be any different.
I was hoping to get through at least the first half of the year without any surgeries, but I had to break down and call my foot surgeon today to schedule an appointment. We took care of my left foot last year, and my right foot is now to the point where just putting weight on it (or putting a shoe on it, for that matter) is becoming unbearable. It's like walking on knives.
So, I shall see my foot surgeon on the 21st. He'll probably take some x-rays, then tell me what I already know is wrong with it, then shoot it full of cortisone and schedule a follow-up visit, at which time he'll tell me it's going to require surgery. I know this drill.
I guess the good news is that I have only two feet, so I'm halfway done already. The bad news is that my left foot required two surgeries, and I have no reason to expect that my right foot will be any different.


6 Comments:
I'm so sorry to hear this. At least it's almost over.
Guess what! I get to visit a RA doctor in the future too. Woo Hoo. The doctors saw a lot arthritis in my spine that they want to have checked out.
Is that fun or what?
Ugh! I certainly hope that you don't have RA! Like you need that, on top of everything else.
**hugs**
The doctors are making sure they look are everything, but I don't think RA would hit in the spine only, right?
I hope I get the electric copy of the CT scan soon so I can see what they are seeing.
Yeah, you are correct, RA wouldn't hit in the spine.
From what has been put in my charts, they think that I have Osteoarthritis. Of course, I think this is just another name for degenerative disc disease.
So I guess this is why they have me going to an RA doctor.
With all of the doctors you've seen, it won't surprise me if one day you tell me that they're sending you to a gynecologist, just in case. LMAO
I just hope all of these specialists can finally figure out what the problem is and get you some relief!
**hugs**
Post a Comment
<< Home