This foot thing is getting out of control.
The majority of the shoes I wear for work now hurt my right foot so much that I am hobbling for most of the day. It hurt so much at the end of the day today that I went shoe-shopping after work. It is a struggle to find shoes that won't hurt my feet, yet are not too ridiculously casual to wear to the office. I ended up finding three pairs that should be fairly comfortable and are still presentable enough to wear to work. I am getting dangerously close to old-lady-shoes territory, though.
This pair is teetering on the verge of being too casual for work, but my boss is well aware of my footwear issues and doesn't mind if I go a bit more casual than you would usually see in a law firm:

This pair is really cute, and I love that it doesn't enclose the toe area at all, so it shouldn't cause me any pain:

Finally, this pair is adorable (I love Mary Janes), and even though it encloses the entire foot, I found it in a wide width, which means it shouldn't hurt me too much:

Something tells me the Manolo would not consider any of these shoes to be super-fantastic, but one does what one must.
This pair is teetering on the verge of being too casual for work, but my boss is well aware of my footwear issues and doesn't mind if I go a bit more casual than you would usually see in a law firm:

This pair is really cute, and I love that it doesn't enclose the toe area at all, so it shouldn't cause me any pain:

Finally, this pair is adorable (I love Mary Janes), and even though it encloses the entire foot, I found it in a wide width, which means it shouldn't hurt me too much:

Something tells me the Manolo would not consider any of these shoes to be super-fantastic, but one does what one must.


10 Comments:
I'm no expert on shoes at all, but I would think that your bosses would understand if you found really comfortable shoes that were on the casual side, correct?
Yeah, my bosses are really great about stuff like that. If one day I end up having to wear tennis shoes to the office every day, I'm sure they'll understand. I really hate not being able to wear pretty high heels, though. :(
Yeah, I miss wearing high heels too. 8)
LMAO! I bet you looked hot in them. :)
You should get a pair of these:
Do they come in pink? :)
I had to give up most of my dress shoes and hiking boots since I drag my feet. I like the idea of the clown shoes though.
Have you seen those "Croc" shoes? I hear they are very comfortable.
I *have* seen those Croc shoes! I hear they are comfy, but I just can't bring myself to wear something that looks like it was made out of recycled plastic six-pack rings and Easter egg dye. LMAO
My wife has a pair (it's the Colorado thing to do) and a lot of the nurses I've talk to wear them too.
They do look a little goofy, but the comfort makes up for it.
Those things *would* make good nurse shoes!
Post a Comment
<< Home